Cut toenails after bathing, when they are soft. Trim them straight across, then smooth with a nail file. Avoid cutting into the corners of toes.
- Use nail clippers with a shorter cutting blade and long handle for cutting the nails. Do not cut the nail too deep at the next part of the skin. You may leave the corner part of the nail so that it is visible over the skin.
- Make it a point to cut the toenails after a bath or washing your feet with enough amount of water.
- Change your footwear before it gets dirty with sweat. Wash the dirty footwear and allow it to dry in sunlight before reuse. Always use shoes and socks made of natural fiber.
- Take a foot bath with salty water to get meantime recovery from the worry and depression and also to guard your feet from infection.
- Dress the area of worry and depression with a sterilized bandage and keep your foot at rest.
- If you are a person with blood sugar disease related to blood sugar disease patient, do not try to cut your nails.